When it comes to facial masks, less is more — in most cases. Face masks are super popular and trendy at the moment, and they serve so many different purposes. They can feel like a makeshift day to the spa! However, masks don’t serve as everyday cleansers. They’re intended to be used sparingly to treat tired, dull or needy skin to a dose of goodness.
This is especially true when it comes to masks that are either exfoliating, anti-aging or detoxifying. These types of facial masks should only be used about two times per week. Hydrating masks, on the other hand, can be used more frequently. You can’t really have enough hydration.
The "twice per week" rule applies to clay masks, too, like our newest product, the Red Clay Mineral Mask. Clay masks are extremely versatile and can effectively treat blemish-prone skin, as well as provide anti-aging benefits to maturing skin. Clay masks contain necessary minerals for skin, but at the same time, are amazing at absorbing excess oils and impurities. This means those minerals and nutrients are sinking in, making skin softer, smoother and more plump, and toxins, oil and impurities are being pulled out, meaning acne blemishes are no more.
The eb5 Red Clay Mineral Mask absorbs impurities, exfoliates and tightens skin, rather than serving up a dose of nourishing hydration. This is a mask that you’ll want to apply two times per week max, when your face needs a bit of detox and exfoliation. Use more frequently than twice per week, and your skin might experience a bit of dryness.
Rules of Thumb to Using a Face Mask
- Always start with clean skin. Even if you don’t have makeup on, use your routine facial cleanser prior to applying a face mask.
- On how long to keep a mask on: Always read the instructions. When using the Red Clay Mineral Mask, we recommend leaving it on for 15-20 minutes. The mask will get tight and will harden; this is normal, and will wash off easily with warm water.
- Wash your hands before applying a face mask, since most masks are applied with our hands, which carry plenty of bacteria all the time. Don’t negate the amazing benefits of a facial mask by applying it with dirty hands.
- Make sure you rinse the mask completely — including around your hair and jawline. Masks that aren’t rinsed completely can clog pores and lead to blemishes, so take your time and use warm water to make sure all remnants of the mask are rinsed away.
- In most cases, use a face mask twice per week, max.
Is the Red Clay Mineral Mask right for you?
- Do you have acne prone skin or even the occasional break out?
- Do you have aging skin and do you want products that will tighten and soothe skin?
- Do you love deep exfoliating treatments?
- Do you have oily skin?
- Do you feel like your skin just needs a little TLC once a week?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, the Red Clay Mineral Mask might be just what you’re looking for. Get your first jar today and get ready for smooth, refreshed skin.